Adyen is looking for a Point of Sale (POS) Operations Project Manager to drive the end-to-end deployment of Adyen's Point of Sale solution to our Australian merchants. This role is based in our Sydney office.
Adyen’s omni-channel philosophy gives merchants a single platform on which to process all transactions, from the store counter to the mobile app. This flexibility is a major differentiator in the industry and a prime example of Adyen’s innovative approach to payments. But physical point-of-sale deployments are complex affairs, with substantial logistical challenges. For this reason, we are looking to add a POS Operations Project Manager to our Australian POS team. As an operations expert with experience in retail systems and superb project management skills, you will interact with internal and external stakeholders to create a seamless terminal deployment experience for every merchant that uses our physical point-of-sale solution.
- Project Management: Work closely with merchants and internal resources to deploy Adyen terminal fleets, meeting tight deadlines across hundreds or thousands of merchant locations
- Vendor Management: Manage key relationships with staging and logistics partners who are critical components in the terminal rollout and implementation process from procurement to planning to optimization
- Strategy: Drive the company’s evolving point-of-sale strategy and be a thought leader and resource for others on the team when dealing with point-of-sale projects.
- Change Management: Work with merchant release management teams to shepherd the process of rolling out software updates to the various terminal fleets in tight coordination with Adyen’s team in Amsterdam
- Support: Serve as the first line of support for merchant logistical personnel throughout the implementation process, leveraging knowledge and expertise to create the best possible merchant experience.
- Coordination: Communicate daily with internal and external clients and effectively track progress to ensure that projects advance smoothly and requirements are met.
- Feedback: Serves as a feedback loop for Adyen’s internal supply management team around terminal forecasting, process optimization, etc.
- Project Management: A process and document driven thinker with excellent project management skills and the ability to lead and manage detailed, time-sensitive initiatives in a fast-paced environment with little supervision.
- Global Perspective: Ability to interface seamlessly with a global, multicultural team and the openness to meet with the core team in Amsterdam as needed (excellent collaboration skills, culturally sensitive, adjusts his or her communication style to audiences).
- Global Commerce Foundation: Clear understanding of the challenges of global commerce and the various components that are required of a merchant to be successful across regions
- Education: 3 to 6 years of working experience and undergraduate degree
- Payments: Inspired by the potential for innovation in the payments space, and passionate in his/her drive to push boundaries and create value.
At Adyen, we’re building a world-class group of talented and humble team players that can help take the company to the next level. As part of the POS team, you will have the flexibility to drive initiatives and influence how we meet the needs of our enterprise merchants. If you’re passionate about the challenges of global payments and have the prior experience to hit the ground running, we’d love to talk to you.