As a backend developer in our team you will be instrumental in developing new features in existing and new technologies, interfacing with social networks APIs, maintaining the current codebase which is mainly in PHP and MySQL - squashing some bugs, assisting our customers, optimising performance and occasionally handling DevOps.
You will also be helping us keep our edge by pushing the code to its outermost limits, increase maintainability and scalability, investigating and implementing big data logging and querying solutions to power our future data-science-heavy and features.
Who we think will be a great fit:
- At least 4 years experience in backend web development with PHP and MySQL
- Strong OOP knowledge
- Experience with LAMP configuration and maintenance
- Good debugger using command line tools
- Shell scripting experience
- Good knowledge of version control (Git)
- Lean and agile development as a second nature
- Independent and responsible; Delivers well with little supervision
- Very fast learner, eager to explore and innovate
- A good team player
- Owning a relevant academic degree or an interesting story
- Very good communication skills in English
- Living or want to live in or near Amsterdam
- Preference will be given to Europeans, but we can arrange work permit for exceptional candidates from elsewhere.
- NoSQL / Big data manipulation / Data science experience
- Experience working with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn API’s
- Experience with the following technologies / environments: Sphinx, Solr, Beanstalk, RabbitMQ, Memcached, Varnish, Nginx, Capistrano, AWS
How to apply
Please hit the button below to send us an email. In the subject state that you are applying for the Senior Backend developer position, attach your CV, links of work (Github) and tell us about who you are and why this position may be right for you. We would love to hear from you!