GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focussed on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
The Marketing department consists of the following teams:
- Demand generation
- Product marketing
- Developer advocates
- Community advocates
See the marketing handbook for details.
- Awareness as measured in pageviews and Google trends
- Lead generation as measured in SQL number and dollar value
- Engagement as measured on social media (frontpages, retweets, blog comments)
- Lead our marketing efforts
- Define our short and long term marketing strategy
- Complete analysis of previous marketing efforts
- Develop marketing materials that reflect GitLab's value proposition, advantages and positioning
- Manage different channels
- Work with Sales to ensure a smooth handover of criteria and process
- Experience successfully leading a marketing team with global responsibilities
- Result focus
- Demonstrated use of analytics to double down on successful efforts and groups
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Desire to develop a team